Last Updated December 03,2018
Festivals are all about joy, happiness, laughter, colors, lights and décor. Celebrations are same in every culture, country and religion. Christmas is the most awaited time of the year. It brings holidays, fun, family reunions and above all happiness. With Christmas just around the corner most of you must have started the preps already. Buying presents, grocery shopping and decorating home are major tasks that require attention well before Christmas. For home décor consider these factors: think around a theme; colors that inspire you, type of décor (ready-made or DIYs), your budget etc. If you are thinking about making your own décor items, buy the supplies ahead so you have enough time to finish your projects. Here are some great ideas to decorate your home for Christmas this year:
Advice: Watch Christmas shows & movies on a 120-inch screen with JMGO N7L smart projector.
1. Lighting – More is less: If it is a festival, it should look and feel like a festival. Lighting is traditional and never goes out of fashion. From front porch to backyard cover everything with lights. Battery operated LED lights are great as they don’t require any extension cords. Star, reindeer and ball shaped lights will add the bling factors to home and create a festive feel. Don’t miss the interiors. Candles, lanterns, and fairy lights will be cherry on top. You can go for multi colored exterior lights or single tone lights depending on your theme or liking. Go big with lighting and stand out in your vicinity because how great your home looks. Don’t miss the pathways leading to your house. Garden lights, lanterns and battery operated light strings can be placed along the path. Tree path lights, Rattan light up figures, projection and laser lights, LED sphere and star shaped lights are in trend this year.
Multi- Colored Exterior Lighting
Single Tone Exterior Lighting
Rattan Ball String Lights
2. Christmas Wreath: Christmas décor is incomplete without wreath. You can make your own wreath around a planned theme and colors or buy ready-made wreath that comes with or without lights. You can even display strings with smaller wreaths in the living area as fillers. Selecting colors matching to your interior décor is a smart idea. Use of artificial flowers, ribbons, dried pine cones, fairy lights and ornaments can help create a welcoming wreath for front door. Wreaths can also be made around wintery themes by using white and silver colors and adding glittered trinkets.
Wintry Pine Wreath with Cones
3. Stars and Snow Flakes: Incorporate different materials for star and snowflake display. Stars and snowflakes made out of paper and metal in white, silver, golden or any other color can be hung throughout the house. Windows, hallway, cornice are the areas that you won’t want to miss out while decorating home for Christmas. Stars and snowflakes look great with wintery themes and neutral colors.
Ambesonne Holiday Star Ornaments and Snowflake
4. Christmas Wall Décor: There are several ideas to decorate walls for Christmas. Christmas wallpapers can change the whole look of the place. Opt for lighter colors with touch of silver or golden. Easy peel off wallpapers is great option for festive décor. If you have not changed home décor for quite some time, Christmas is a great time to do so. Decorate walls with personal artwork, family photos, Christmas cards, and anything that makes you feel happy.
Wall decals and stickers are also a great option if you don’t want to go through the hassle of getting new wallpapers. Inspiring messages, Christmas greetings, Christmas related images can be put on walls for extra festive décor.
VANCORE 3D Christmas Door Wallpaper
5. Festive Table Décor: Christmas is a time when families come together and make memories around a dinner table. Table décor is significant and needs attention to detail. Bring out festive china and crystal glassware, silver candle stands and elegant centerpieces. Adding fresh flowers and scented candles will take the décor to a whole new level. Crystal candy jars, confetti and tiny baubles can be added to dining table décor. Bright red plain table cloth with white/silver crockery and silver cutlery set will bring cheerfulness to the dining area.
OurWarm Christmas Embroidered Table Runners
6. Add Trinkets Here & There: Several Christmas related décor items can be placed here & there to elevate the look. Crystal balls, porcelain or metallic reindeers, origami Christmas trees, lanterns, candles, snow globes and ornaments can be placed on fireplace, mantel, coffee tables and bed side tables. Try to add as much as glittery trinkets as possible. Bright colors and glitter will add the much needed bling to the entire décor.
Amlong Crystal Clear Crystal Ball
7. Festive Buntings: Decorating home for Christmas is fun and it brings the whole family together. There are several things that need to be taken care of so starting early is the key to finishing early. Buntings are great for a festive look. They can be easily made at home or can be bought if you are running out of time. Involving kids will be much more fun if you are deciding on DIY buntings. Several online templates are available for free, just print and cut them to attach on a string. Use vibrant colors, prints and glitter and your festive buntings are ready to be hung. Make paper snowflakes and paper lanterns and hang them around with thread. Bunting can also be made out of fabric and can be used for years and years to come.
GOER Merry Christmas Burlap Banners
8. Festive Bed Linens: Bed linens can transform the entire look of room without doing much. For Christmas, if you have just replaced your regular bed linens with Christmas themed covers, you have done have the work. Kids would love bright colored bed covers with Santa, reindeer and Christmas related prints. Using plain red and green colors or plaids, checks and floral prints for bed covers will elevate the look of any room.
400 TC 100% Cotton Sheet Snowflakes Grey
9. Festive Scents: If it doesn’t smell like festival, it isn’t a festival. The smell of good food and flowers will elevate the moods. Scented candles are great option but you can make natural scents with a little effort. Amaze you friends and impress your loved ones with these natural toxin-free fragrances. You will require jars with lids and your favorite fruits and herbs. Here are a few combinations:
Orange, Cinnamon and cloves
Lemon, Rosemary and Vanilla
Lime, thyme, mint & vanilla extract
10. The Christmas Tree: Christmas tree is the first thing that comes to mind when we talk about Christmas tree. We are talking about in the last as it requires attention and love more than any other thing. It is the center of attention and it should look amazing and unique in every sense. It should be decorated in a way that it gives vibes of happiness, joy and love. Try to incorporate theme colors and décor style. If your theme is monochrome, use same theme for tree décor with an addition of glitter and lights. Hang glass ornaments, candy canes, figurines, pine cones, ribbon bows, metallic stars, crystal snowflakes, golden winged clay angels and anything you bought while vacationing. Draping fairy lights will give a dreamy look and festive finish to your tree.
Best Choice Products 6ft Premium Hinged Artificial Christmas Pine Tree
Anything put together with love looks festive. These ideas might make your home look more festive this year, but don’t forget to share beauty of this festival with your near and dear ones. Come together for fun and food and enjoy this holiday season in the best of health and festive spirit.
JMGO designs and produces a variety of smart projectors.
The JMGO N7L is our new flagship model with round-shape design, 1080p native resolution, and 700ANSI lumens brightness ...
Explore features of JMGO N7L:http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oNM8B8L